Administrative Support – Clinic
This position works on a team of three peers, each taking on a portion of the daily duties and responsibilities to ensure that all tasks are complete at day end. Each staff is trained in all of the below responsibilities.
• Follow procedures for opening and closing the front desk, including maintaining equipment (copier and phones), keeping supplies well stocked and ensuring overall cleanliness and organization of the workspace.
• Handle Clinic phone calls and messages. Announce and forward incoming calls as needed.
• Greet clients and visitors and check them in as appropriate, documenting attendance.
• Collect and copy insurance cards and other client information regularly. This includes collecting co-pays and rent checks and logging them in as well as collecting and updating demographics information.
• Maintain petty cash for co-pays.
• Schedule MD and Clinician appointments as well as manage client cancellation list and backfill appointments.
• Prepare and expedite reminder calls daily by utilizing the automated web-based tool.
• Data entry as needed.
• Create letters and reports as needed and requested by staff.
• Manage and distribute incoming and outgoing mail and packages for the agency.
• Pull, prepare, distribute, and return all client charts for the Clinic on a daily basis.
• Maintain and file all documentation in client records accurately and timely.
• Archive all active client records according to established protocol.
• Open and close new and discharged client records with index and appropriate dividers in a timely manner.
• Maintain list of records for disposal according to protocol.
• Respond timely to internal and external requests for client information.
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday 9:00 am – 5:00pm and Thursday 12:00pm – 8:00pm
High School diploma or equivalent, plus three years general office experience. Knowledge of various office equipment, computer skills, typing, organization, ability to manage multiple telephone lines
Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner, APRN
Provide initial bio-psychosocial evaluations and ongoing medication management according to generally accepted nursing standards.
Complete initial assessment and progress notes according to BHcare policy.
Work closely with all medical providers to participate in the production of improved performance standards.
Supervise the operations of the medication room and review of visiting nursing orders by the contract nurse.
Provide telephone on-call service as scheduled.
HOURS: Various hours available Monday -Friday: 16 hours per week in Branford and 12 hours per week in Ansonia
LOCATION: Branford and/or Ansonia
CT APRN licensure
Minimum of two years experience serving individuals with severe and prolonged mental illness
Recovery Support Specialist
Participates in the ongoing development of a Recovery Supports program for people in recovery from substance use and other disorders.
Assists peers with advocacy issues either individually or in a group setting.
Coordinates workshops and self-help activities (skills training and/or social). Sets up speakers for topics or presents topics. May include coordination of materials for workshops.
Encourages clients to engage in services that will assist them in their recovery. Encourages and assists clients in becoming active participants in their community.
Links clients with community mutual support organizations such as AA/NA and other appropriate support groups, specialized inpatient/outpatient and/or treatment centers.
Assists clients in securing emotional, vocational, social supports as determined by the clients.
Assists clients in accessing services as requested by the client, including housing, employment and benefits.
Works with other staff members to provide crisis management screening and intervention, utilizing clinical and emergency back-up as indicated.
Assists clients in program with necessary transportation needs.
Attends advocacy and recovery community organization meetings as appropriate.
Has working knowledge of MRO process, the TCM delivery system and the IDDT principles.
HOURS:25 hours per week, Monday – Friday
LOCATION: Branford, CT
Previous volunteer or work experience with adults with substance abuse issues strongly preferred.
High school diploma required; Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
Experience with individual and group treatment settings preferred.Must possess or have the ability to obtain and maintain a Public Passenger endorsement.
Personal experience with recovery strongly preferred.
Per Diem Residential Counselor
-Assess clients’ functionality and mental health status, needs and preferences, and ongoing appropriateness of services.
-Assist clients in developing and implementing individual recovery plans.
-Ensure appropriate referrals and linkages are made to other parts of the mental health system and other community resources, including clinical, vocational, psychosocial, educational and natural supports.
-Demonstrate the ability to understand the MRO (Medicaid Rehab Option) process, the delivery service required for TCM (Targeted Case Management), and the IDDT (Integrated Dual Diagnosis Treatment) principles utilizing Motivational Interviewing.
-Demonstrate an ability to develop a basic level of competency for providing services to clients with co-occurring disorders.
-Assist all Program clients in the areas of health and safety and in the acquisition of independent living skills, including personal hygiene, meal planning, cooking, cleaning and money management.
-Provide rehab interventions as directed by resident recovery plan, including facilitating rehab groups.
As needed. The Per Diem Residential Counselor is not guaranteed any number of hours, however, he or she is required to be available to work a minimum of 16 hours per month if called.
LOCATION: Branford, CT
REQUIREMENTS: Two years of college education (human services or behavioral science preferred) or high school diploma and equivalent direct care work experience. Must maintain an acceptable driving record and be insurable at a reasonable rate under the Agency’s auto insurance plan.
Make A Donation