PCRC is seeking a dynamic Child Psychiatrist to provide and design care for some of Connecticut’s most vulnerable children and families.
Accountable and responsible for the following results:
• In collaboration with the Director of Clinical Services, is responsible for leadership of all clinical services.
• Provides direct clinical services to children and families.
• Available after hours to collaborate with medical/psychiatric professionals about urgent and emergent client issues.
• Provides psychiatric consultation and evaluations, along with being responsible for all medication services.
• Provides clinical supervision to the Director of Clinical Services, nursing staff, and psychiatrists.
• Plans Intern Training Program with the Director of Clinical Services and participates in training.
• Provides training on medications and presents on related topics when appropriate.
• Provides consultation and training to other community agencies and professionals, including school systems, courts, etc.
• Consultation and collaboration in all phases of clinic operation.
• Contributes to the development of new programs and the evolution of existing programs.
• Networks with appropriate community providers including local hospitals and schools and maintains effective working relations with related medical services.
Graduate from an accredited College or University School of Medicine in an approved program of child psychiatry, at least two years’ experience in post training clinical work.
Physician’s License, State of Connecticut
Drug Enforcement Administration Registration Certificate
Connecticut Controlled Substance Prescription Registration
Board-certified in adult and child psychiatry
To inquire about this exciting opportunity, please contact Lisa Miles, Chief Human Resources Officer LMiles@bhcare.org or call (203) 446-9739 x1154.