BHcare Internship Program
BHcare provides a comprehensive and integrated system of care with wrap-around services for adults, children and families struggling with mental health, substance use, domestic violence and other health-risk behaviors. We are seeking interns to join our team of caring and compassionate professionals who strive to make a difference in the lives of the clients we serve.
Students who join our organization are provided the opportunity to grow professionally through hands-on clinical and non-clinical experiences. We provide a unique learning program that allow interns to thrive not only in today’s world, but to gain the knowledge and tools that empower them to adapt to an ever-changing industry.
Conditions of Internships
- BHcare offers both clinical and non-clinical internships to students who are enrolled in accredited academic programs.
- Interns must be affiliated with a school during their placement with BHcare. The school or its representative and BHcare must have an established agreement, in writing in place regarding the terms of an intern’s placement prior to the start of an internship.
- BHcare will accept internship applications during open application periods and reserves the right to temporarily close the application to the internship program.
Limitations of Internships
- All internships are unpaid.
- BHcare does not provide Worker’s Compensation coverage for internships. Those interested in this type of coverage should check with their academic programs.
- BHcare does not employ or provide internships to current or former clients or those who have family members in treatment to avoid confidentiality concerns or conflicts of interest.
- Interns may not practice in any language other than English unless she or he has passed the Human Resources approved proficiency examination. To complete this exam, please contact Human Resources.
- No research can be conducted without written review and permission from the Chief Quality and Compliance Officer.
The application period will be open twice per year:
- Spring semester placements – July 1st
- Summer and Fall placements – February 1st
The application process remains open until all available positions are full.
2. Screening and Selection
A number of factors are considered when reviewing applications, including prior training and experience, commitment to serving underserved populations, an interest in community mental health, and the candidate’s professional development and career goals. Applicants who do not match open positions will be informed via email and may be encouraged to apply in a future semester, if interested.
An interview is required of all applicants being considered for an internship placement. Interviews are conducted by the Program Manager. Once selected, a member of the Human Resources team will correspond with the applicant regarding the decision and onboarding requirements. Applicants moving forward in the selection process will be asked for information to initiate a background check.
Final Screening and Background Checks
Internship placement offers are contingent upon a clear background check and the completion of all required onboarding forms prior to their start at BHcare. The internship candidate will receive the forms electronically from a Human Resources representative. Failure to complete these forms will delay the start date of the internship and could result in revocation of internship placement offer.
Interns are expected to attend Orientation as well as other required trainings. Some trainings may require attendance prior to the start date of the internship.
Find available opportunities by searching Open Positions.