Outpatient Clinical Services
If you are struggling with substance use or mental health issues, we are here to help. BHcare employs caring and experienced professionals who will work with you to develop a plan for recovery.
Our clinicians use a person-centered approach and together you will develop a treatment plan that meets your individual needs and helps you achieve your goals. Throughout treatment, you will be encouraged to express your needs, desired outcomes, and expectations of the services delivered.
Treatment is designed to:
- Explore symptoms, stressors, and strengths
- Develop new coping skills
- Improve emotional, behavioral, and social outlook
Services provided include:
- Individual and Group Therapy: Allow clients to increase their strengths, self-esteem and interpersonal relationships at a pace that is comfortable for each client.
- Substance Use Treatment: Provides support and education around issues related to recovery from alcohol and non-prescribed substances addiction. Medication assisted treatment for opioid addiction also available.
- Dual Diagnosis Treatment: Therapy, medication and supportive services for clients who are struggling with both a psychiatric illness and alcohol and non-prescribed substances addiction.
- Intensive Outpatient Program: Specialized treatment to individuals whose needs cannot be met through weekly group or individual treatment alone. Clients attend three to five days a week and participate in three hours of specialized and focused group activities daily. Four tracks are available to meet the needs of these individuals: Dialectical Behavior Therapy-DBT Skills Training, Dual Diagnosis, Symptom Management, and Evening Substance Use. Evening substance abuse offered at Shoreline location only.
- Medication Management: Clients who request a medication evaluation are seen by a psychiatrist who reviews (with the client) the risks, benefits and alternatives of taking medication. If the client chooses to try or continue medication, his/her progress is monitored closely and at regular meetings between the client and the psychiatrist. Input from the client’s therapists enhances this process, allowing for the utmost in continuity and clinically effective care.
- 24/7 Crisis Services: Clinicians are available 24/7 to help clients through a mental health crisis. Call (203) 800-7177 and press 6 if you are in crisis.
We provide walk-in assessments for new clients, Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday from 8:30 am to 1:00 pm in our Ansonia clinic and Monday – Friday from 9:00 am to 1:00 pm in our Branford clinic – no appointment necessary.
If you’re seeking an assessment or want to learn more about our programs and services, please call (203) 800-7177 and press 3 to reach a member of our team.
Commercial, HUSKY/Medicaid, and Medicare insurances accepted, sliding fee scale available.
Domestic Violence &
We offer safe shelter, counseling, support and advocacy services for victims of domestic violence.
We provide counseling and support services for children and families.
We offer a wide variety of Supportive & Supervised housing services for our clients.